Google is the most powerful search engine that has the ability to drive remarkable amount of traffic to your website and increase your earnings. Attaining higher Google rank can provide a lot of benefits to your online business; both short-term and long-term. You need to ensure that you work enough on your website to reap the most benefit from it. You need to design and develop a site such that the Google spider and bots can crawl properly and are able to get the required site content for indexing. Furthermore, Google gives a lot of credence to Search Engine Optimization. In order to achieve higher Google rank, you need to cover all aspects of naturally optimizing your website for better search engine results.
High ranking in Google not only increases the traffic to your website, but also instills trust in customers as to the comparative significance of the website/company. The question is what you can do to your website that Google would love and will most likely get you ranked on the upper echelon of Google. There are multiple factors that can help Google fetch, index and rank your website.
- Written for Visitors: Create the website content for your targeted audience, rather than writing it for search engine.
- No Cloaking: That is, do not show Google, content that you do not present to users.
- Clarified Targeted Sector: Before you begin optimizing your website, it is important to understand your topic and your target market. Ask yourself questions like: what is it that you are selling, what kind of a product/service is it, how would it benefit your audience and what is the best way to convey your message.
- Terms Used That People Search: Start from where you don’t know what the consumers really want and commit to finding out what keywords they would use to express what they really want from Google.
- Keyword Relevancy: Think deeply and carefully about the words user would type in the search entry to find your website. Think of all the possible ways users would search for relevant content on your website.
- Unique Content : Google loves quality content. This means you should include everything that users might be looking for in your website.
- Increased Reputation: In the modern world of Internet, a business’s online reputation counts a lot. So, your website needs to work on reputation, as well as visibility and relevance.
- Decreased Loading Time: Fix the load time of your website. Websites that load faster make not only customers happy, but Google loves them too. The objective of Google is to provide the most relevant results to the users, as quick as possible. So, an online business should not only focus on increased traffic and sales, but should also ask their web development team to ensure fast loading time of their websites.
- Sitemap: Provide .xml site map to your site visitors with relevant links that point to the key places of your website. It is better to divide the sitemap into separate pages, if the number of links on it exceeds 100.
- Exact Links: Well reputed links point to URLs, than to pages. So it is important to make sure that the links on your website do not point to duplicate URLs.
- Social Media Presence: Make the most of Social Media to spread the word regarding your business site. Update the statuses and social groups regularly; keeping in mind that your activities are relevant to the changing market trends and appeal to the audience’s interests.
- Richness of the Content: Write each page of your website carefully. Creating quality content website does mean you limit the uniqueness, relevance, usefulness and richness of the content to the main/home page only. Each page of your website should be unique, useful and rich in information and should accurately describe what your product/service offers.
- Texts in Image: Google crawler is unable to locate text in images. So it is recommended that you use text to represent content, links and important titles.
- Keywords in Heading: Include the most relevant and important keywords in the Headline H1 tag, Headings, and titles of every page. Google may not navigate all the way down to your page, so it is better to keep relevant keywords on the top of every page.
- Keywords in Site Name: Google loves sites having the most relevant keywords to their business, in the domain name. This helps in achieving higher Google ranking.
- More Textual Content: Since Google crawler mostly scans through the text of a website, you should include accurate and descriptive textual content in the ALT and TITLE elements for describing images, video, flash and other non-text files.
- Link to Well Reputed Sites: One of the ways to build online reputation is to link to well reputed websites. Think of linking to websites that are relevant to your user’s needs and provide useful user experience.
- Record Changes: After having applied the suitable keywords, keep a track of the traffic these keywords direct to your business website, record the changes, and make the necessary changes, if needed.
- Optimized Landing Page: For visitors who searched on your website’s keywords on Google, and that respond exactly to what they have been looking for, it is best to forge a special landing page for them that gives out an extraordinary message, unlike the generic message that would be. This will more likely increase the conversion rate.
- Presentable Content: Create a well structured content with headed paragraphs and sub-headings at different levels to make a presentable site.
- Brainstorm & Research: Create interesting and relevant Title tags. Google gives a lot of importance to Title tags, and are represented as links in Google’s search results.
- Appealing Contents: Write highly convincing and appealing descriptions to complement your site’s titles. This will dramatically increase the click-through rate.
- Important Words in Link: Use relevant words in the URLs that best describe the content found at them. Such URLs make the best anchor text or link text to be used in links on related websites.
- Google Analytics Usages: It is best to install Google analytics, as this tool tells you what drives or stops traffic to your site, which website pages are visited most frequently, how long is each visit made for, why, and much more.
So, everybody should develop their site by following the above mentioned SEO, Content Strategy and Visual Appearance.